Dragonatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through Fires and Flames

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Through Fires and Flames Empty Through Fires and Flames

Post by Jon Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 am

The waves of heat were visible over the sandy dunes of the Phanara desert, a desert famous for bringing dry deaths to any who underestimated it. A figure cloaked and hooded completely in a black and red coat that fell to his feet casually made his way across the sandy sea as if the heat didn't even affect him. Not even his face could be seen through the shadow that the hood cast. He adjusted his gloves as he made his trek, focusing only on his path. 

As he walked, though, he heard screaming. Sniffing could be heard from under his hood, for reasons unknown. Quickly, he ran up a tall hill and peaked over the top, silently observing a fight between desert bandits known as "Sand-Raiders," and a single girl with green hair. He watched as she would hurl blasts of fire at them which they effortlessly blocked with walls of sand. She was no match, however, as one of the raiders hurled a blast of blue flame at her, hitting her at her side. Though it couldn't be seen, the man cringed at the sight, knowing it was painful for her. 

He couldn't stand for it anymore, though. He hated seeing his own type of magic used for such dastardly deeds, and he knew how the sand raiders were. They preyed on the weak, attacked lone travelers, and abducted girls. They weren't honorable, even by bandit standards. He adjusted his hood and jumped over the hill, focusing his will. He did a front flip and landed in front of the girl who was on the ground, seeing through his black hood the terrible burn the blast left.

As he faced the bandits, the scoffed and laughed. "Look! It's a desert punk! And what do you think you're doing?!" The bandit leader called out. The man didn't say a word, he simply stood there. "So you're just gona be silent, huh? Good! Easier on us, then! C'mon, boys! Take 'em out!" He yelled. The first bandit assumed his stance and summoned a spike made of sand that hovered in over the ground. He hurled it at the man. The man flipped through the air, dodging the spike as it hit the dunes behind them, and spun around as he he unleashed his will in the form of a black lightning bolt that fried the bandit into a pile of ash.

"Wait! I know you!" The leader yelled as the man unleashed two more black lightning bolts, frying two more bandits. "There's only one man who knows black fire anima! Run boys! It's the Dragoon!!!" He yelled. The rest of the men tried to turn and flea, but the man held his hands out in front of him, palms facing the cowardly bandits, as a funnel of black fire engulfed all but the leader. Not even ash was left of them. As the leader tried to run, the man shot two shuriken at his legs, immobilizing him. He slowly walker over to the injured buffoon as he was trying to crawl away, sobbing like a little girl.

"Please! Don't kill-" The man was cut off as a black and white sword appeared from a portal above him and impaled him in the stomach. The man pulled the blade out of him and put it on his back. He figured he might need to use it again soon. He then turned and started walking over to the girl who was on the ground, once again cringing at the burn. He crouched down to get a closer look, pulling up the shirt a little so he could see the whole burn, ignoring her protests.

"This burn is too great for me to heal, but I know someone who can help," he said, standing to his feet. He held out a hand to help her up.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

https://dragonatia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Through Fires and Flames Empty Re: Through Fires and Flames

Post by Zueley Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 am

"I'm fine i promise" she said this very fast though she was in pain she seemed like she could still funtion though you could see that some of what the fire hit was bangaes as if her side had alerady been bangaed before. "how did you do tht any wya ive never seen some one use black flames" sia said quickly ther wings she head where now flaping with excitment as seh contued to speek in  fast pase manner. "oh im Val by the way who are you" she didnt seem to take a breath. as she took his hand her green hair made her look strange yet anglic "Oh can i see your sword? i was wondering whre you got it i dont see many like that?" this time she seemed more curious as she had already said about twenty thing at once.  
the left side that had just been burnt she seemd to be acting hard like it didnt matter till she grabed her right side like she was in dire pain. "well thanks for saving me and i never heard your name?" she finished this time waiting for the anser.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 am

"My name's Exile Kunn. The reason I can use black fire is because I've been around for a long time. I don't know if you've ever heard of them, but I come from a time when Dragons roamed the world. I was a part of a Guild called the Dragoons. And this sword," he said, pulling the sword off his back and stabbing it in the ground, "this sword is a holy blade given to me by a close friend of mine. It's not of this world."

He stood to his feet and held out his hand again. "I know you say you're fine, but you need to see a doctor. I can take you to Carmen Town, but I'll have to wait for you outside the outskirts of the town." He said, not explaining why. He looked off into the distance, all-of-the-sudden getting a feeling that they were being watched.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:16 am

"No u should come I with me.  If ur with me try won't do a thing to u. " she was still talking fast like this was a mile ament " besides I was headed bier anyway I want  to see my grandpa n I've been expelled from school for a while " she again her wings seem to shake with a excitement.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:27 am

"I don't think you understand... I've been banished to exile in these deserts for a long time. By decree of the empire, I'm not permitted outside of this desert unless it's an absolute emergency," Exile explained. "If you want me around, however, I'll gladly wait for you outside the town's limits. It's been a while since I've traveled with company."
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 am

" I don't careif your exiled your coming with me I owe you my life " said Val very strongly " n besides just say ur buying a sword grandpa will understand " said Val still rapidly.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 am

He was about to protest, but had a feeling he wouldn't win the argument even if he wanted to. "Okay," he said. "But if I see any guards, I'll have to run and/or hide," he explained. 

"C'mon," he said, putting her arm around his shoulder. He lifted her up almost effortlessly.  "Let me help you up. I can carry you there." It was true, too. While she didn't know what he was, he wouldn't get tired one bit from carrying her. His only problem would be resisting the sweet scent... She was an attractive girl, too.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 am

" I can walk" protested Val quickly" besides I'll only make grandpa worry and he won't let me play inhis shop if I looked to injured" though it was still fast speaking she seemed upset about not being able to work in the shop. " so I'll walk n you focus on gards" she said with a smile
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 am

"As you wish," he said. He led her through the desert towards Carmen, keeping them close to the mountains and large rocks. As they progressed, he noticed something odd on their journey; he kept seeing a woman's silouette every so-often on top of the mountains.

"When I tell you, I want you to look behind us and tell me if you see a figure on top of those mountains," he said. When they had started walking, the sword had disappeared, but he could easily summon it back if he needed to.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 am

Val had heard him but saw his sword was gone" whets ur sword axil did you loose it I could make you anew one but I don't thing it will look nearly as flawless as what I could see from that one" Val sounded very conseered n focused on the idea of how to make the sword over the idea of seeing someone the a strange mew came from behind Val's back as if somthing had been sleeping and just woke up.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am

"Oh, it's fine. The sword will occasionally vanish. I just have to summon it back," he said, answering her question. He then heard a mew come from her back. "I think your back's talking to you," he said sarcastically. Though it couldn't be seen, he had a snicker on his face. It was then a weird wave went over him.

"Look behind us now," he said.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 am

Val was o focused on rummaging threw her bag to pull out a small cute white fluffy object that began to his as Val looked up she alsmot dropped her pet " who are you n what do you wart as she tried to look scary as her feathers ruffled up to make her look a lot bigger though she knew it most lily didn't work.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 am

The figure dropped from the mountain and landed, making a subsonic boom that shook the earth below. A young woman with pinkish red hair and red eyes stood up, pulling the hood from her face. Exile had a black flame in his hand ready to use.

"I am someone who's been followig you a long time, dragoon," she said. Exile blinked.

"Me?" He asked.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 am

"who are you" val spoke again quickly. she seemed a little nervious of the black fire but it made since cause twice now she been hit by it but part of her mind eased up at the idea of not being attack sheflt the large pain from her right side as she felt the world blurr then ther little fluffy ball jumped out of her hand val didant say anythign more as her visoon turned black and back hit the sand.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am

"I am Lilith," the girl said, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "And I am one of the last two dragoons in existence."

"The dragoons are no more, Lilith," Exile said blatently. "I would know. I'm the last of them... Or, I was."

"You're wrong," she said. Then, Liliths' eyes turned black and her skin started to turn gray. Her hair darkened until it was black and some parts of her skin began to look like scales. She held out her hands as black auras ignited from her palms and flickered like fire. Exile could tell it wasn't flame, though. It was too perfect and precise. It was black magic. She was a dragoon mage.

"Forgive me, it's been so long; how did you become a dragoon when they're no longer alive?" Exile asked, moving in front of Val. He had to make sure she was protected if things went bad.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:50 am

whne the lady began to transform the cars tails stuck up as did the hair on the back of the cat it kised darkly its eyes seemed to be ready to grow as if this cute little thing myght casue harm its rose gold collar glised oddly with teh reflection of the dark magic that was coming from the lady. when it hissed it teeth where not as babyish as you might have thought it seemed its teeth would atleast cuase someform of nasty bight.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:57 am

"I am an information seeker. I value knowledge over any material possession in the world. Without knowledge and understanding, we wouldn't have magic or any of the things we have today. Without wisdom, we wouldn't know what would be an appropriate time to use them," she started explaining as she returned to normal.

"That doesn't-

"Being said type of person," she interrupted, "I have traveled to many of the libraries across the land. I've researched literally everything about the Dragoons and who they were. I learned what their training was like and how they earned the Dragoon title. How you earned your title. Once I did, I undertook the test by myself-

"Impossible-

"And earned my title all by myself," she finished as Exile tried to interrupt. Exile simply stood there. He knew that no one, not even other dragoons, had the right to strip a dragoon of their title. But he needed proof.

"Prove it," he said.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 am

the little two tailed cats eyes seemed to only focus on lith but its mought seemd to breathing out mist like it was either freezing cold or that it was freezing meating extream heat though it was not willing to fight as she stood on vals uncouious body protectively.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:13 am

Lilith simply stood there for a moment, her face contorted as if she were stabbed in the back by a lover. Then her face became stern and angry. For fear of Val being harmed, Exile jumped far away from her, drawing Liliths' focus away from them. She jumped and followed him, releasing a beam of black aura at him.

Exile cocked a half-smile as he held out his hand and absorbed the beam when it hit him. Once it was finished, Exile released a massive orb of black fire and hurled it at Lilith. She dodged, but only barely. Her leg got caught in the wake and was burned more terribly than any burn she'd seen on anyone else. She cried out loudly in pain as she fell to the ground.

Slowly, Exile walked over to her and released a more calm black flame that consumed her leg. When it went away, she was healed. Her wiped away her tears and sniffled as she sat up. "It's one thing to try and strip someone of their identity... But must you shame me so badly as well?!" She sobbed. Exile picked her up, regardless of her protests, and walked back over to Val. He then set her down.

"I didn't shame you, Lilith," Exile started. "Your power was displayed, and is most assuredly worthy of being a Dragoon. I can tell you went through the trials. But knowledge can only get you so far. Without someone to teach you, how can you hope to become the potential future of the Dragoons?" Lilith simply sat there, trying to process what he was saying. She wasn't sure, but it sounded like he was offering to train her himself...
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:17 am

vals face began to pale the wond on the right side was strating bleed as if when she had tried to fight earlyier she might have opend wile it was minding her cats expressed whent from angrer to panic as she mew a lot less dangeriouly but more fearful for her master she looked at the two people who her master had only just meat trying and hoping she might get one of thier attentions.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 am

Exile heard the cat start to whimper and turned to see Val passed out on the ground. He rushed over to her and held out his hand, igniting a small black flame under his palm. The fire wrapped around the wound and started to heal it. The wound began to close and scar up.

"It's the most I can do," he said, pulling his hand away. "She'll still feel pain until we can find a cleric or a sage. Even a bishop. We aren't known for healing magic," he explained.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:20 am

the cat looked thankful even licking exil in the face its sand paper taugh might have felt rough but its breath would have felt cold and not hot. as if the cat ratated cold from the mouth her colar read Freya
(he did only heal the blood vesals right?)
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:24 am

(yes)
"Your welcome," Exile said, petting the cat. he stood up and searched around the desert. "We need to get her to a town," he started. "Do you know where the closest one is?" He asked.

"Yes. It's a half-a-day's walk in that direction," Lilith answered. "There's a sage there who serves as the towns doctor," she added. Exile picked up Val as they started to walk towards the north.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zueley Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:26 am

freya did the only thing she could logaicaly thnk of doing when climing up on to vals body and juping on to exil shoulders she didnt seem to way much but just enough that you felt the cute fluffy thing thier so that you suddenly didnt swat it away.
val made a small mone of pain when she was lifted but other wise made no other sound.
Zueley
Zueley
demigod
demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:35 am

It took a few hours of long travel through the desert heat, but they finally made it to the town. It wasn't their original destination, but it would have to do. Immediately, a man in blue and gold robes and a hood came out to meet them. He was exotically dressed, as if he traveled a lot.

"Come! There is no time to waste, no matter how small the wound is! Bring her to my nursery," the man said as he hurried them to a small hospital looking building. He set her on a table as the sage began to look for his healing staff. He began whispering an enchantment that started to heal the wound further.

"What happened?" He asked.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next